*This recipe was created by our camper, Shipra Goel. And she is the winner of the Healthy recipe contest!
Soft Crunchy Protein Cutlet
Preparation Time: 7-8 mins
Cooking Time: 3-4 mins
Eating Time: Breakfast but good for a snack anytime of the day
Cost: Under $4.
Avocado: ¼ th of 1 whole avocado
Steamed Fresh Corn: ½ cup
Green Peas: ½ cup
Nutrela (Soya) Granules: ½ cup
Puffed rice (poha): ½ cup
Finely chopped Ginger: 1tbsp
Finely chopped Green chilies: 2-3
Garnishing: lemon juice, black salt
- Soak green peas in hot water for 2-3 mins.
- Soak Soya granules in normal water for 3 mins.
- Mix All ingredients except Puffed rice in the mixer and blend, No additional water is required.
- This step has to be quick: wash the puffed rice in tap water and mix it with the ground ingredients. This will give crispiness to the cutlet and is a substitute to plain flour or bread crumbs.
- Make into cutlets and roast in a covered non-stick pan on both sides.
- Once the cutlet is ready, sprinkle some lemon juice and sprinkle black salt on the cutlet.
- This can be accompanied with salad and Hummus.
This is a rich protein diet. Black salt is popular for relieving heartburn and intestinal gas.